Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Meatstick Activity: Run for Obama

I guess it's no suprise that my blog has gravitated towards the two things that concern me the most these days, my running and politics (specifically the Iraq war).
Running gives me the opportunity each day to clear my head for 40 minutes and relieve some stress. It also gives me the chance to to process all the information about politics that I allow myself to be bombarded with throughout the day from sources such as; 24 hour news, Sirius Left (channel 146 for all you subscribers), and the newspaper. It is during my daily runs that I mostly formulate my opinions and think about the best way to express my opinions to others. I realize that it is ridiculous to discuss politics with others b/c you are either talking with somebody that already agress with you or you are talking to somebody that will never agree with you. I think discussing politics should be the new Einstein's revised definition of insanity.

Anyway, I recently found a great way to combine my two passions and share them with others thanks to Barack Obama and his clever web designers. I was recently directed to www.barackobama.com by a friend who thought that I might find it pretty interesting. Barack's web desingers have set up his website like myspace (or facebook for you hot shot college kids who think myspace is for 12 year olds) so that you can create an account and join different interest groups, all with the intent of creating interest for Mr. Obama.

I immediately found the "Runners for Obama" group and signed up. So far there are only a handful of people in the group, but they all seem to be motivated types and are already talking about forming a national "Run for Obama" day. Stay tuned...

Only 626 days, 2 hours, 59 minutes until the election!

No comments: