Monday, April 23, 2007

Meatstick Idea: New Law That Requires Americans To Shave Everyday

I have a good idea. I think that Congress should work on passing a law that would require all American males to shave their face, each and every day. I hate shaving. The other day I was thinking about how awful it was when I was in Iraq and I had to shave every single day for an entire year. That is when it dawned on me that we should force all American males shave everyday to honor our service members and reflect about the sacrifices they face each day.

In theory this law would pass unanimously because both Democrats and Republicans would be able to see the purpose in it. I feel that Democrats, who contrary to what Rush Limbaugh might say, do support our troops. I think they would be happy to pass this legislation.

The legislation might be a tough sell with Republicans because they don't really like to have their daily life interrupted by the war on terror and the war in Iraq. They just like to flip on Hannity for a few minutes and make sure that Al-Qaeda hasn't invaded Ohio yet. However, I have a plan to get Republicans online with this. I will put wording in the bill that would make it clear that the reason we are doing this is a direct response to the Taliban. The Taliban is famous for forcing men to have facial hair, specifically long beards. I will explain to the Republicans that by forcing American males to shave everyday we are spitting in the face of the Taliban! This will fool them and the bill would be passed into law!

In all seriousness. I think if all Americans had to reflect on the war and suffer for even five minutes a day our troops would probably be coming home a lot sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what if you have a shaving profile?