Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Meatstick Opinion: Roanoke Firearms

I won't get into my views on gun control in the wake of the VT tragedy.

However, I am closely following how the South Korean student was able to walk into a gun store and purchase a hand gun. In my readings, I came across the website of the gun store he purchased the hand gun at, Roanoke Firearms. This is the first image that hits you when you open the site:

Is this place serious? Is this the kind of marketing gun stores in rural Virginia use to get people to buy firearms? I'm all for somebody shooting Osama bin Laden in the face, but does anyone in Southwest Virginia that walks into that store looking to buy a gun really think they are ever going to be within 5,000 miles of bin Laden. This kind of propoganda drives me nuts. I would be willing to bet that upwards of 90% of the people that walk into that store are card carrying NRA members, Republican "troop supporters," and have never spent a day actually fighting the war on terror. To all the customers of Roanoke Firearms, please know that buying a gun from this store and voting for George Allen do not count as doing your part in fighting the war on terror.

I also just want to make it clear that I am not blaming the owner of this store for any part of the VT shootings. I am blaming him for spreading the "I fight the war on terror by voting and sitting on the couch watching Hannity (Beck, O'reilly, Coulter)" culture that is rampant across America these days.

No comments: