Sunday, January 14, 2007

Now I Know How Cheney Feels...

Last night I had a situation with my wife that closely resembled our current situation in Iraq. I felt like Dick Cheney trying to sell a troop surge to the American public (in this case which restaurant I thought we should eat at). My wife (John "jack" Murtha) had plenty of criticism of my plan, but no real solution of her own on where to eat. Our conversation went like this:


"Honey, I think we should go to eat at Palomino's..."


"That is a terrible idea!!"

"Ok, well how about we go to eat at Duke's Chowder House?"

"You have never had a good plan for our dinner!"

"You do realize the importance of eating dinner tonight to our future as a civilization? We MUST eat dinner tonight and we must be successful at it for our future generations. Why don't you come up with a plan of your own instead of criticizing everything I say."

"Why do you feel we must send ourselves out to restaurants...I think we must do take out so that we can better protect ourselves here at home in case something happens!"


Unlike these two dudes above, my wife and I were able to come up with a good compromise that we both agreed on!

1 comment:

Mark Holton said...

haha! ...that's funny stuff. Cool blog