Monday, May 14, 2007

Meatstick Fact: Wives Make Tough Softball Coaches

I have to give my wife a lot of credit. She decided a few months ago to organize a softball team from scratch in time for a Spring league here in Seattle. At first I didn't think I really wanted to play, but it has been a blast and I'm glad she forced me to play.
Having said all that, I must also say that having your wife be your softball coach can be very tough. For example, after six games this year I am batting a cool .750 with only 2 errors in the field. My wife...I mean coach, is
still not happy with my pregame preperation. She claims I need to get to the field to warmup a little earlier than I had planned on.

Also, I thought she was videotaping my at bat b/c she thought it would be fun to put on youtube and show family and friends, but she was actually taping me so that she could sit me down later that night and critque some flaws in my swing.

At least she lets me drink after wins!


No comments: