Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Meatstick News: Missing Cougar Mountain Runner Found

The Good News:
The missing runner showed up at the doorstep of his house early Tuesday morning. He claims he fell into a ravine and was knocked unconscious for three days (he doesn't have any bumps or bruises). I'm not exactly sure what to make of this, but I think the detective said it best, "We're going to take his story at face value."

The Bad News:
I went to Cougar Mountain yesterday to try and do my part to help find a missing runner. I ran a 5.5 mile loop around a few of the trails at Cougar Mountain and tried to be aware of anything that looked out of place. Unfortunately, I didn't find the missing runner or any clues as to where he might have gone. This is not surprising considering how large the area is that makes up the trails weaving throughout Cougar and Squak Mountains. I consider this story bad news because it made me realize that running alone in the wilderness could actually be a dangerous thing.