Sunday, July 1, 2007

Meatstick Article: Bush Piece in Washington Post

The Washington Post has an excellent article here that gives a good look at how George Bush's policies are affecting his personal life.

Take a minute to read the article. It's a little long but worth the time.

Here was the most interesting part of the article. A quote from Michael Novak, a theologian who has participated in private conversations with Bush:
Much of the discussion focused on the nature of good and evil, a perennial theme for Bush, who casts the struggle against Islamic extremists in black-and-white terms. Michael Novak, a theologian who participated, said it was clear that Bush weathers his difficulties because he sees himself as doing the Lord's work.
Here is the problem. Bush thinks he is doing "the Lord's work." That is exactly what the Islamic terrorists believe. If you listen to web videos of freedom fighters in the Middle East you will find that they are also doing "the Lord's work."
I feel cheated and deceived because when I was serving in Iraq nobody ever told me that I was doing the Lord's work. I guess I should be glad the Army gave me an M-16 instead of a Bible to protect myself.

Thank the Lord this guy only has a year and a half left in office.

No comments: