Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meatstick Moron: Sen (R-SC) Lindsey Graham

DVR and CSPAN are a match made in heaven.

I flipped on CSPAN just to see what our elected officials were yapping about today.

I was fortunate enough to catch Sen Lindsey Graham droning on about how we need to get the troops the funding for Iraq because it is so important for Iraqis and the world that we "finish the job there." He went on to spew out the unoriginal Republican bullshat about how setting a timeline for withdrawal emboldens the terrorists.

Then, I thought I heard him say that we need to continue to fund the war for the sake of our own freedom here in the United States. Of course I thought I was hearing things, so I rewinded it...and sure enough, he did say it. Here is the exact quote:
The military needs this money, they deserve this money, without strings attached. They deserve this money to have a chance to turn Iraq around AND MAKE US FREE.


What does that quote even mean? I felt bad for him because he actually appeared to be reading from his notes as he said this. This just proves that many Senators (Republican ones especially) have no idea what they are talking about when they are up in front of others debating the war. They have scribbled notes with some talking points on them that make no sense.






No comments: