Monday, June 25, 2007

Meatstick Opinion: George Bush and Dick Cheney

First, George Bush. I recently read a quote by John F. Kennedy that appeared in a note he wrote home to his mother while serving in WW2, "All war is stupid." John Kennedy understood war, b/c he decided to fight in the war of his generation. He then went on to become President and protect America from an international disaster (Cuban Missle Crisis).

George Bush didn't decide to fight in the war of his generation. He has gone on to become President and has started an international disaster.

Second, Dick Cheney. I was embarrased and saddened when I learned that my alma mater, the United States Military Academy, was going to have Dick Cheney give the graduation speech this year to the class of 2007. However, I was not surpised. After all, Dick Cheney is the Vice President of the United States and although he now refuses to admit it, he is part of the Executive Branch, the branch that commands the US military. I read parts of his speech from that day but had to stop so that I didn't puke all over my $2,000 laptop. One good thing did come from that appearance. This picture:

Some day West Point will look back and realize what a mistake it was to have this guy speak to the Class of 2007. I only hope that they are able gain the rights to this picture and photoshop the West Point crest out of the background. For now though, all we can do is look at this picture and laugh at what a douche he looks like.

No comments: